Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I suspect my kids' dad has been using their social security numbers. What do I do?

How do I go about finding out? We cannot obtain a credit report because they are minors. We think he used my oldest sons number to get gas and electric service. He has now left the state and left behind his house, and left all the utilities on, and has no intention of returning. What do we do?I suspect my kids' dad has been using their social security numbers. What do I do?
I would call the S.S. Administration and tell them your suspicions.I suspect my kids' dad has been using their social security numbers. What do I do?
I think you can get a credit report on them even if they are minors. You should also notify all authorities and let the know whats going on before it really get out of hand. Report Abuse

if he was using their ss number it would be on their credit reports it doesn't matter how old they are. you could make up a ss number and if you used it you would be able to ';check the credit report'; go to the 3 main reporting agencies websites transunion experian and equifax
Call the authorities.
Call the FBI. They'd love to grab him for identity theft.

No comments:

Post a Comment