Monday, December 21, 2009

I have a wet2straight hair straightener and what do the numbers represent for tempurature?

It says numbers 1-30, not the temperature. I usually use 6, but my hair doesn't stay straight very long.





Should I use a higher setting?





My hair is thick and really wavy/curly and it don't stay straight for long. I spend like 1/2 and hour on it at least.





Thanks........I have a wet2straight hair straightener and what do the numbers represent for tempurature?
ok, mine will be SHORT and SWEET:)





my hair's very similar to yours.





i use setting 20 after letting my hair air dry so i dont damage it with more heat (i.e. blowdryer) than it needs.





I LOVE THAT IRON!!:)I have a wet2straight hair straightener and what do the numbers represent for tempurature?
You will have to look at the manual or contact the manufacturar. That is the downside to number settings is you don't know what temp. they mean!





Don't guess. You need to know this first. Usually, no hair requires more than 400 degrees farenheit ans 370 is the average (';black hair'; is diff as it may require higher settings than 400, but otherwise 400 is only for the thickest and healthiest hair, since your hair is thicker, if it is really damaged, you should set it at less than 360!





NOte that it could take longer if it is a narrower plate, the wider plates cut back on your styling time, but often, narrower plates of 1.5 or less are best for having the option to curl your hair too and are good for shorter styles too. Good luck
1-10 is for wet hair.


10-20 is for damp hair.


20-30 is for dry hair. :)





By the way, this is not a guess. This is what mine says on the actual flat iron. I had no idea the numbers meant something until I accidentally noticed that it had a key.
You should use a little bit of olive oil or any oil that will help not to damage you hair and then try a higher setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment